Unobtainium - Minecraft Server
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unobtainium - Minecraft Server

Minecraft Server Forums

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to Unobtainium's forum! Please read the rules and be respectful to everyone. If you need any ideas for something to build, check out the suggestions forum. Have fun!

OP rule clarification.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
gsf600y

gsf600y

OP rule clarification. Empty
PostSubject: OP rule clarification.   OP rule clarification. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 6:38 am

(sidenote: do we need an OP only forum?)

Just wanted some clarification, given all the issues recently.
I reckon I know the answers, but perhaps it might be worth having them written down in a sticky?

• If I'm the last OP online, and I need to leave, do I kick everyone WITHOUT exception? Or do I leave people I think I trust?
    People often say "I'm a mate of blah blah and he's an OP" or "I've been here by myself before" etc. Exactly what a Griefer would say IMO, so I kick them, even though they might be genuine and think I'm trying to be all powerful Very Happy

• Flying/speed hacks: Are these exclusively for OPs only? Several non-OPs I've seen using them, which seems to be fine, but are they allowed for everyone? What do we do if we see people using them? Note, lag on the server can sometimes make it looks like people are running fast, when they're not.

• Do we need some written process for letting someone unknown in? Such as:
    follow them for 4 mins, then check back in every 5 mins for 30 mins, then every 10 mins for next 30, then every 30 mins after? I dunno, or is it just done by gut instinct?

• What about a rule saying "first 1 minute of being online must be spent inspecting the server for greifing".

• What about a rule saying "Only 4 people per OP allowed", or some similar amount?

I'm sure there must be more we can think of, or maybe we don't really need them at all?

If I'm being to fussy, please tell me to shut up Very Happy Wink

Smile

EDIT: I guess I've only written this because the server seems to be quite impressive, and I just want to be sure I'm properly doing my "duties" as an OP.
Back to top Go down
ryft

ryft

PostSubject: Re: OP rule clarification.   OP rule clarification. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 6:59 am

I was thinking of posting something official about OP rules.

1. I would say kick them regardless. There may be a few people that we all mutually trust that may be fine but if its just someone you have only met that day, no matter how nice they seem, just kick them to be safe.

2. I do not mind if those hacks are used as long as the people using them are not destroying anything. I would just prefer to not have anyone spread the hack around to non-OPs.

3. Anyone new should be followed for at least a minute... then you can check back every few minutes for awhile and then every 10 mins, etc.

4. It's easy to spot griefing if someone just runs around the main areas every so often. It's just that sometimes OPs get so busy building, they forget to check. I know the OPs are allowed to have fun, but it won't hurt ya to take a 10 second break to check on things. I don't build that often so whenever I am on, I am usually checking things and it's not as big of a deal for other OPs to worry about it.

5. I tend to just maybe every 10 minutes after I've originally followed them.. if there is more than 1 new person on, just teleport to them... watch them for a few seconds.. and go to the next person. This can be done every 10 minutes or so.

Last edited by ryft on Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:20 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
goldfishmoo

goldfishmoo

PostSubject: Re: OP rule clarification.   OP rule clarification. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 7:49 am

Should hacking out of spawn be bannable?
Back to top Go down
gsf600y

gsf600y

PostSubject: Re: OP rule clarification.   OP rule clarification. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 12:17 pm

They should definately be kicked off IMO. People should be let it, not let themselves in.
I always asked to be let in, and never had any problems.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OP rule clarification.   OP rule clarification. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

OP rule clarification.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Unobtainium - Minecraft Server :: General Discussions-
Jump to: