Unobtainium - Minecraft Server
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unobtainium - Minecraft Server

Minecraft Server Forums

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to Unobtainium's forum! Please read the rules and be respectful to everyone. If you need any ideas for something to build, check out the suggestions forum. Have fun!

What's up with all the adverts?

Go down 
+2
ryft
d3450
6 posters
AuthorMessage
d3450

d3450

What's up with all the adverts? Empty
PostSubject: What's up with all the adverts?   What's up with all the adverts? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 12:57 pm

I'm sure some of you have noticed the adverts under certain words such as "blocks" and I personally would rather them off. Is there any way that I personally can turn them off as they get in the way sometimes Neutral
Back to top Go down
ryft

ryft

PostSubject: Re: What's up with all the adverts?   What's up with all the adverts? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 2:12 pm

Ad's on the forums? If you use firefox, get an addon called AdBlock+. It removes ads from pages and even adjusts it so it doesn't even look like they are supposed to be there. I never see any ads anymore.
Back to top Go down
d3450

d3450

PostSubject: Re: What's up with all the adverts?   What's up with all the adverts? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 2:13 pm

Yeah but they weren't here a few days ago it's like someone installed a google bot on the server Suspect
Back to top Go down
TRICK

TRICK

PostSubject: Re: What's up with all the adverts?   What's up with all the adverts? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 3:27 pm

Its why people will host forums and such for you for free. They give u the space and all but add adverts to pay for your resources and make a lil income.
Back to top Go down
http://www.camancheclan.com
Mbloker

Mbloker

PostSubject: Re: What's up with all the adverts?   What's up with all the adverts? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 12:06 am

that makes sence.
Back to top Go down
Ninku

PostSubject: Re: What's up with all the adverts?   What's up with all the adverts? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 9:14 am

Do you mean that some of the words in someones post will be highlighted like a link and when you hover over or click on it an ad pops up? I've seen that on other forums but not here. I think the word it chooses is just random. Its not really safe to click on a link unless you know what you're expecting to find. So unless the post says here is a link to blah blah blah... dont click it.
Back to top Go down
TRICK

TRICK

PostSubject: Re: What's up with all the adverts?   What's up with all the adverts? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 2:33 pm

Well here is a link to a link to get Adblock Plus. I currently use it, works great. This is a page with some very good Plugins for Firefox. IF you never been on lifehacker before, its a awesome blog that puts out some good stuff.

http://lifehacker.com/5291501/lifehackers-firefox-add+on-packs
Back to top Go down
http://www.camancheclan.com
d3450

d3450

PostSubject: Re: What's up with all the adverts?   What's up with all the adverts? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 4:33 pm

Pfft. Firefox is slow on my PC. I'll put up with the adds and stay on Chrome
Back to top Go down
mechmanai

mechmanai

PostSubject: Re: What's up with all the adverts?   What's up with all the adverts? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 11:06 am

Oh no, not Chrome!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/Dylan_Is_Confused
d3450

d3450

PostSubject: Re: What's up with all the adverts?   What's up with all the adverts? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 1:47 pm

Whats wrong with Chrome? Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
mechmanai

mechmanai

PostSubject: Re: What's up with all the adverts?   What's up with all the adverts? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 3:00 pm

It's not Firefox.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/Dylan_Is_Confused
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's up with all the adverts?   What's up with all the adverts? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What's up with all the adverts?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Unobtainium - Minecraft Server :: General Discussions-
Jump to: