Unobtainium - Minecraft Server
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unobtainium - Minecraft Server

Minecraft Server Forums

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to Unobtainium's forum! Please read the rules and be respectful to everyone. If you need any ideas for something to build, check out the suggestions forum. Have fun!

Where is everybody!

Go down 
+3
Mbloker
TRICK
smooz
7 posters
AuthorMessage
smooz

Where is everybody! Empty
PostSubject: Where is everybody!   Where is everybody! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 7:10 pm

I've been logging in to an empty server constantly, for the last 4 days. The one time I got on and Ninku, mbloker and Pressure were there, the server goes down~

Was just wondering who still goes on frequently, since to me it's starting to feel deserted.
Back to top Go down
TRICK

TRICK

PostSubject: Re: Where is everybody!   Where is everybody! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 11:40 pm

I am in the same boat as you.
Back to top Go down
http://www.camancheclan.com
Mbloker

Mbloker

PostSubject: Re: Where is everybody!   Where is everybody! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 1:08 am

I go on when ever i can and mostly i'm on it alone. Ryft and Ninku where on today so i got to talk to them..
Back to top Go down
mechmanai

mechmanai

PostSubject: Re: Where is everybody!   Where is everybody! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 5:29 pm

Well, with my housing issues lately, I've lost the link to the server, if someone could post it here so I might not ever lose it again?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/Dylan_Is_Confused
Mbloker

Mbloker

PostSubject: Re: Where is everybody!   Where is everybody! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 11:05 pm

how about i send it to you via message
Back to top Go down
d3450

d3450

PostSubject: Re: Where is everybody!   Where is everybody! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 11:46 am

I have gone back to school pale therefore I wont be on as much during the day (GMT) which i think is late night for any timezone in america (especially the west coast).

This means that the times that i will be able to go on will be more suited to American midday i.e. 9pm for me is 4pm in Dallas.
Back to top Go down
SirGilgamesh

SirGilgamesh

PostSubject: Re: Where is everybody!   Where is everybody! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 12:55 pm

Welcome to private server life. This is eventually what happens now that we don't have newcomers every so often. It's become more like a museum than an actual server, including the not nearly as many people aspect. Sure we don't have to deal with grief (as much) anymore, but we've lost the need to moniter the server if there isn't someone else already on.

I for one have grown tired of logging on and not seeing anyone, so I've taken to hanging out elsewhere. Sure, Unobtainium is just as epic and awesome as ever, but it's grown quite boring without new people joining or the need to moniter people. Although the rare times I've logged on and someone else has been on is always fun, it doesn't happen enough for me to constantly stay logged on.

I bet if we switched it back to public for at least a little while, you'd certainly see someone if you logged on. There will of course be the matter of grief as well, but it's to be expected. It keeps us on our toes and actually on the server to try and stop it.

There you go, my thoughts on the matter.
Back to top Go down
Ninku

PostSubject: Re: Where is everybody!   Where is everybody! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 8:59 pm

We turned it back on public last night. Within 10 minutes one underground lair got flooded (not mine this time woot) Ahem. And someone dug a mario pipe to the center of the earth. While interesting, it just happened to come out in my treasure room! How do these things happen? I dunno but the whole point of the lava jump puzzle thing is that you have to go through there to get to the treasure room. Not as big a deal as flooding the other lair. We had about 8 people on at one time immediately after switching to public. We dont (and wont because we cant trust them) have enough OP to watch as many people as can get on. Last time we had a lot of people on consistently it fried the NIC in the server and it had to be replaced. Though thats cheap to do its not exactly desirable. I still have a lot of desire to continue the server the way it is. I just like building. If you're looking for company Unobtainium is prolly not the place to look.

Also I'm playing Haven and Hearth pretty much every second I get the chance. Come try it with us. Commmmme to the daaaaaaark siiiiiiiide!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where is everybody!   Where is everybody! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Where is everybody!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Unobtainium - Minecraft Server :: General Discussions-
Jump to: