Unobtainium - Minecraft Server
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unobtainium - Minecraft Server

Minecraft Server Forums

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to Unobtainium's forum! Please read the rules and be respectful to everyone. If you need any ideas for something to build, check out the suggestions forum. Have fun!

Regarding Survival Mode

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
pressure77

Regarding Survival Mode Empty
PostSubject: Regarding Survival Mode   Regarding Survival Mode Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 11:00 pm

I have a few things regarding survival mode:

1. I was talking to someone about how cool it would be if we could play survival mode on the server, but we can't currently download MP maps, so could the current map file be posted online so we could use it for that purpose?

2. When MP survival is released, who would be interested in an Unobtainium survival server? I could host it if Ryft doesn't want to or can't host more than one at a time, but I think it's definitely a way to bring life back to the server. It's likely, however, that it'll only be available for those who have bought the game. If this is true, then those who have yet to buy it should do so, we'd all really enjoy your presence there.

Just a suggestion, we still don't know how mp survival mode will work.

(Also, who hasn't yet bought the game?)
Back to top Go down
d3450

d3450

PostSubject: Re: Regarding Survival Mode   Regarding Survival Mode Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 1:40 pm

LETS DO IT!

I personally think that it would be a great idea (Y)
Back to top Go down
Mbloker

Mbloker

PostSubject: Re: Regarding Survival Mode   Regarding Survival Mode Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 3:42 pm

I have not bought the game yet, but i shall when i come back. =)
Back to top Go down
ryft

ryft

PostSubject: Re: Regarding Survival Mode   Regarding Survival Mode Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 10:13 pm

Actually, smooz PM'ed me about this and I went ahead and sent him the map file. I am not sure if he is going to host it so everyone can play or not... so we will have to see what he says.
Back to top Go down
smooz

PostSubject: Re: Regarding Survival Mode   Regarding Survival Mode Icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 3:40 am

Yes'm. I got the map and uploaded it to my personal singleplayer maps. You can access it and save it to your own by going HERE: http://minecraft.net/play.jsp?user=smooz&id=2

It's not multiplayer survival yet, as that isnt released, but singleplayer will still be a laugh.

WARNING: For me, the map is REALLY laggy on singleplayer and even worse on survival. I have found that I can load it in survival, but I can't play it like I want to. My laptop is usually pretty good with minecraft, as it can deal with 1024x256x1024 maps in multiplayer, but I can't play this. I hope your pc's are better than mine, and can play it. If not, I'll have to cut off parts of the map to decrese the size.

Lemme know how it goes.
Back to top Go down
ryft

ryft

PostSubject: Re: Regarding Survival Mode   Regarding Survival Mode Icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 8:19 am

Oh oops... I didn't read his post thoroughly lol. When he said it isn't hosted on the server, I thought he meant AS the server... my bad. But yeah if a lot of people have trouble playing it, I or smooz can try to shrink it with OMEN.
Back to top Go down
pressure77

PostSubject: also....   Regarding Survival Mode Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 10:03 am

Also, when I said that we'd have a survival mode server, I didn't actually mean we'd use the current sandbox map, I just meant that we'd have a server specifically for Unobtainium members. I wonder how anti-griefing measures would work, seeing as you can't place admincrete.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Regarding Survival Mode   Regarding Survival Mode Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Regarding Survival Mode
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Unobtainium - Minecraft Server :: General Discussions-
Jump to: