Unobtainium - Minecraft Server
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unobtainium - Minecraft Server

Minecraft Server Forums

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to Unobtainium's forum! Please read the rules and be respectful to everyone. If you need any ideas for something to build, check out the suggestions forum. Have fun!

Regarding nighttime griefing.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
ryft

ryft

Regarding nighttime griefing. Empty
PostSubject: Regarding nighttime griefing.   Regarding nighttime griefing. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 9:19 pm

There seems to be an increasing amount of griefing lately.. especially at night when none of the regular OPS are on (we believe some of it is being caused by an OP, but we are not certain who it is at this time). I am going to turn the server to private for a few nights and see how that works out. That means you have to know the exact URL to log on. Everyone who is a regular should bookmark the server to make it easier to log in. Here is a direct link to the server: Clicky.

Also, don't forget that you HAVE to be logged into the Minecraft website to join our server. Just go to the Minecraft site, log in, and then load the server from this link or your bookmarks.

I would hate to have to do this every night, but I figure since I have to back up just about every night lately, anything actually built gets lost anyway.

On a related note, I want OPs to know that they need to be checking areas every so often so we can catch griefing early. With the recent suspicion of an OP griefing, this needs to be done even if only OPs are on. Remember... being an OP is a privilege. Thanks to the loyal players and OPs who report griefing regularly. =)
Back to top Go down
Micra_Ryuuu

Micra_Ryuuu

PostSubject: Re: Regarding nighttime griefing.   Regarding nighttime griefing. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 10:37 pm

Your night time is usually when i'm at school or I've just got home, I tend to spend about an hour on the server then go to do chores and such.

Wish minecraft had a easier monitoring system.
Back to top Go down
ryft

ryft

PostSubject: Re: Regarding nighttime griefing.   Regarding nighttime griefing. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 10:42 pm

Well it actually makes a log of everything that happens... well regarding who logs in, what commands are used, etc... its a pain to navigate through but it has it's uses.
Back to top Go down
Micra_Ryuuu

Micra_Ryuuu

PostSubject: Re: Regarding nighttime griefing.   Regarding nighttime griefing. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 10:57 pm

ryft wrote:
Well it actually makes a log of everything that happens... well regarding who logs in, what commands are used, etc... its a pain to navigate through but it has it's uses.

Hmm, interesting, would be awesome but at the same time a real pain in the ass if it could tell you what each person that joined placed and/or deleted.
Back to top Go down
gsf600y

gsf600y

PostSubject: Re: Regarding nighttime griefing.   Regarding nighttime griefing. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 12:23 am

ryft wrote:
(we believe some of it is being caused by an OP, but we are not certain who it is at this time
Hmmm, I dunno.....never say never I guess, but all the OPs I've spoken to seem trustworthy.
Perhaps someone using an OPs account without their knowledge?

Having accidentally flooded Ninkus place, and my own castle several times, I wonder if I'm top of the list Very Happy
Back to top Go down
d3450

d3450

PostSubject: Regarding nighttime griefing   Regarding nighttime griefing. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 3:30 am

the link just takes me into my own server with nothing on it =(
Back to top Go down
goldfishmoo

goldfishmoo

PostSubject: Re: Regarding nighttime griefing.   Regarding nighttime griefing. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 5:52 am

d3450 wrote:
the link just takes me into my own server with nothing on it =(

Me too, i have another tab open where i am logged in on the minecraft site and the tab it opens also shows me logged in but it starts generating my own map.
Back to top Go down
gsf600y

gsf600y

PostSubject: Re: Regarding nighttime griefing.   Regarding nighttime griefing. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 6:19 am

When the server is DOWN, the direct link will not work, and you'll just generate your own map. This is most confusing, as we went to that link for a reason, and it wasn't to generate our own map Smile
So I assume the server was down when you tried the link.

I have this in my bookmarks, and it's never failed to work, apart from when the server is down:
http://www.minecraft.net/play.jsp?server=70a0e80c7bacc4bd5ecca3139f2cbca1
That link should match what ryft posted.

Last edited by gsf600y on Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
d3450

d3450

PostSubject: Regarding nighttime griefing.   Regarding nighttime griefing. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 6:21 am

yeah its down at the moment Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Regarding nighttime griefing.   Regarding nighttime griefing. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Regarding nighttime griefing.
Page 1 of 1